Sunday, July 24, 2011

Week 4

Day 17
July 17, 2011

   Two waves of house guests have not left me with much time this week for the project, but I did get in some runs.  Ran 4 miles again today. Did my stretching and then my weights.

Day 18
July 18, 2011

  Ran only two miles today. My right calf has been sore. No time for weights.

Day 19
July 19, 2011

  Ran only two miles today. No time for weights.

Day 20
July 20, 2011

   This is getting monotonous. Ran two miles. No time for weights. Right calf is really getting sore.

Day 21
July 21, 2011

   Rest day, No run, no weights.

Day 22
July 22, 2011

   Rest day, No run, no weights.

Day 23
July 23, 2011

   Ran Three miles today. Legs felt better with a couple of days rest on them. I wanted to do four miles but at about two and a half miles, the heat started getting to me. I was running at about 3:oo in the afternoon and the 100 degree heat felt like 110 running on the asphalt. I walked in a circle a few times till I cooled down a little and then picked up the run right where I  left off. Back at the gym the heat persisted I got through a couple of combo lifts and decided to quit for the day.

Day 24
July 24, 2011

   Ran four miles today. Stretched back at the gym and hit the combos hard. Worked my back and chest and had no energy left. 

 Word of the day: Mete, which means to deal out or allot.  As in:  Our current system of government is not very good at meting out our public entitlements.

Random question: Marilyn Monroe or Betty Page?

   Ooooouuuu! Tough one! Hum, on one hand you have Ms. Monroe who set the standard for and absolutely epitomized sexual femininity for generations and on the other hand you have Page who illuminated and mainstreamed most of the world of sex we know today. It would be a toss up except for the idea that Monroe seems to have put more of her 'off set' personality into her work and personality goes a long way with me.  So I say Monroe, but given the chance I would take either one to the prom.

No comments:

Post a Comment