Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Week 1

Week 1
Day 1 July 1, 2011
Up at 5:30am worked on inequalities with Zoie. Off to work at 7am. Had to cheat on diet a little. Had 4th of July Party at work with hotdogs, chips, soda and cake. Didn't want to be the asshole at the company party eating healthy food and glaring at everyone else. After work, ran a few errands, came home and started my first days workout. Warmed up with a 2 mile run from my house to downtown Reddick and back. Stretched and started my combo lift sets. I do a set of squats with 20lbs on a 40lbs bar, crossing situps holding a 10 lbs plate, Stiff leg deadlifts with 40lbs, calf extensions with 10lbs, leg curls with 15lbs each leg and power clean and jerks with 40lbs. Each is done to failure. Next on to isolation lifts all 3 sets each till failure. Started with chest flys with 20lbs each arm and then right into dumbbell press same weight, lat pulls... not sure how much weight I'm using there, shrugs with 25lbs each arm, bent dumbbell rows at 22.5 pounds each arm, then into 3 power sets of dumbbell presses, bicep curls and tricep extensions. About this time I'm dripping in sweat and ready to pass out. I stagger inside and mix up a shake with 26g of whey based protein in a about 12oz of vitamin c rich Wallmart 'early rise'. Doesn't taste horrible. Vitamin c is almost as important as protein in building muscle as it is vital for cell and tissue repair that is inherent to muscle fatiguing. I used to use a soy based protein powder but I really got no gain from it and found out that soy has a lot of estrogen in it (not good for building and conditioning muscle). Now I relax and type my account of the day. I should also mention I should be doing a 3 mile warm up run but I have been pushing my legs hard recently and have the good sense to back of when I feel pain now. Last year I pushed my legs hard and even tried to run trough leg pain and wound up partially tearing one calf muscle and straining an Achilles tendon in the other leg which took the better part of a year to stop hurting. My advice, listen to the pain, it's telling you what is about to fail. Take a break from what hurts and work something else.

Day 2 July 2, 2011
Up at 5:30 am, taught Zoie how to solve inequalities. Ran errands and got hay. Mowed on the farm and soon to be nursery most of the day. Earned a good sunburn. No workout today. I think I will make Saturday my official rest day. Left shoulder is sore and legs are complaining. Worked on spare bathroom renovation. I have gently (with a sawzall) removed the old tub and tile board and faucet. Tomorrow I will be cutting and hanging the new tile board and if there is time dropping in the new tub. I was hoping to post weekly pictures of physical progress but unfortunately someone who will remain anonymous lost our digital camera so I will have to wait till it's replaced. Going to curl up on couch and watch a movie with the lady of the house now. Will post again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment